Our Civil Interns are responsible for performing tasks requiring the application of standard civil engineering techniques and procedures. This includes standard design of civil/structural project work, assisting lead engineers with various project duties, and other duties as assigned.
Projects include stormwater design and water and wastewater treatment design. Stormwater work includes stormwater management, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, stormwater design, water resources, civil works and flood control, and ecosystem restoration. Water and Wastewater work includes the design of facilities for water and wastewater collection, distribution, and treatment.
- Pursuit of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Currently enrolled, and in good standing, in a post-secondary education and/or technical certificate program in a field related to the work done in the department.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.